Monday, May 12, 2014

Bows for Beads

I broke my  torch so the beads are on pause until I get a new one. I was so mad at myself-I stored the torch in the garage in a risky location, it was only a matter of time before it broke....and last Thursday it happened. Bye Bye torch. I will buy a new one, but not before I try and raise some funds to do so. On a tight family of four budget I can't be running out to the torch store every time I am careless with my equipment.

Totally unrelated to the torch and the beads are my bows. I was so sick of Eva losing, breaking, dirtying, all the bows I paid good money for. So whats a mom to do when she is sick of paying a Chinese sweat shop for accessories? Make her own of course. A few you tube and google tutorials later I have mastered the bow-tie bow, the pinwheel bow, the pinwheel twisty bow, and the stacked bow. More to come as my bow skills grown. In the meantime, bows are added to the list of "the stuff that mom makes." Eva loves them, so do her friends. I am selling them for a few $ each, the money will go towards my new torch...justifying my crafting.  Want a bow or three? message me -stephanie.gudeman@gmail.com. Right now I have some purples (obviously), pinks (of course), more pinks (eva's choice), some Chevron patterns (not sick of chevron yet but have a feeling I am headed that way), and some snow flakes in honor of Eva's hero Elsa.



PS- all of my bows are reinforced with stitching and glue, no more knot slippage in gym class.

No comments:

Post a Comment