A few months ago I received a text "Can you make 30 bracelets by the end of March, its for a fundraiser for a friend who just passed away from cancer." I did the math, calculated the hours, factored in work schedule, mom schedule, life schedule, but I already knew my answer was yes. Yes, of course I can. 300 plus beads strung into bracelets, each containing a cancer ribbon bead will be delivered by March 27th.
A friend's friend passed away this winter from cervical cancer. I did not know her, but from what I gather she was an amazing survivor for four plus years. She gave it her all, until there was nothing left to give. She she was a mother, a wife, a friend-she was a lot to a lot of people and she was too young.
I get it. I've seen what cancer does to people you love-what it does to a family, to a mother, a father, a husband, a wife, a child. I've seen the hole it leaves behind-but by God's grace I get to see the blessings that fill that hole, that fill the hole over the top and then some-every. single. day.
So when I was asked to make these teal bracelets I was honored, touched, and humbled. I knew there was going to be a lot of work ahead of me, a lot of ignoring my children to get them done in time, a lot of late nights in the garage-and early mornings in the garage, but I was so so honored to be making them.
I started with a pile of teal glass rods.
That turned into this.
That turned into these.
The fundraiser is tomorrow night. I hope it is a success for this family. I hope they are able to enjoy the night in her honor. I pray for this family. I pray they have peace knowing their mom, wife, daughter is no longer sick. She is healthy and whole. I pray they know that.
I was so honored to make these beads-did I mention that?
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jer 29:11
You are such an amazing person and you probably have no idea of the footprint you leave on the rest of us. We are truly the lucky ones to have had you in our life. <3
ReplyDelete